Sunday, July 26, 2009


immaculate showed us how she uses her wheelchair

im not quite sure what this means, im open for interpretations

showing off some digging skills. the people of the village are being taught how to garden, so they can grow their own food.





these kids are so excited every thursday to sing worship songs and learn a new bible story

time to pray.


so this past thursday i was planning to not go to do village ministry, simply because i was recovering from being sick, and had just gotten the news that the next morning i was going to lead the chapel service at a private school in jinja. but as soon as i walked into my guest house i knew i was supposed to go anyway. so i put on my tennis shoes and jumped in the van at the last minute. as we pulled into lombogo, the usual 50 to 60 children who chased the van as we drove crowded the doors. and as soon as i slid the van door open, i thought i heard my name, and then as stepped out into the crowd of children, i realized that they were saying my name. i immediately was overjoyed, they had remembered me from the last week i came. it just reminded me why the village team did this every thursday, and how big of a deal showing up is to the children.

2 comments:

  1. I told you that you would be stretched some. I am glad that you, not feeling well, decided the children was more important than your physical being. Love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they can remember your name, why can't my daughter remember it?
    And the "open for interpretations" part made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete